from Surrey Mirror All Content Feed http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/when-was-surrey-s-worst-snowstorm/story-30045561-detail/story.html
Hi, I'm Kelly - a proud member of the Fetcham community and have been for all my life. I was brought up here and now live here with my family - I am also the vice chair of the Fetcham Residents Association and a strong believer in giving back to the community. We currently meet bi-monthly and are always looking for more people to join! In my spare time, I love to keep fit; this includes going to zumba classes, dance classes and being a regular in my local gym when possible
Tuesday, 10 January 2017
Mark Davison published When was Surrey's worst snowstorm?
So when was the heaviest snowfall that Surrey has ever seen?The answer may well be that of Boxing Day 1927.Christmas Day had been wet and it turned increasingly cold so that by the late afternoon that day, thick wet snow was falling and guests visiting their relatives for dinner were becoming increasingly worried about their homeward journeys.The snow turned to a blizzard and as a north-easterly gale set in. Snow was whipped off the fields by the high winds and roads quickly became blocked....
from Surrey Mirror All Content Feed http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/when-was-surrey-s-worst-snowstorm/story-30045561-detail/story.html
from Surrey Mirror All Content Feed http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/when-was-surrey-s-worst-snowstorm/story-30045561-detail/story.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment